Instructor Certification CoursesAttendees are responsible for paying for their own USA Archery membership ($60) and USA Background Check ($25) separately and directly through USA Archery. Attendees must also complete the SafeSport Training and obtain a Range Pass (if they intend to work at a range). These items are required by USA Archery before they will release the Instructor Certification for a Level 2 Instructor after the attendee has passed both the Level 1 and Level 2 exams. Delays in receipt of certification will occur if any of the above have not been completed.
Usual turnaround time for those attendees to be able to see their USA Archery Level 2 Instructor Certification in their USA Archery membership portal is about 2 – 4 weeks. (assuming that the attendee has passed both exams, has purchased their USA Archery membership, completed/passed the background check and finished all other requirements).
Prerequisites and Certification Requirements
|Number of Spots Still Available
out of 12
read more below or
Click Here to Download/Print
the Official Flier
read more below
Saturday, October 5, 2019 at 1:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Sunday, October 6, 2019 at 9:00 AM – 3:30 PM
– Remaining balance due on first day of the course
– Total includes cost of workbook, all supplies and materials (value: $50)
The Level 1 Archery Instructor Certification Course provides graduates the necessary tools to maintain a high level of safety both on and off the archery range and ensures that minimum standards for archery instruction are consistently taught to provide for the safety and enjoyment of the participants, instructors and spectators. Level 1 Instructors are well prepared to teach beginner archery programs to people of all ages and abilities in a variety of both indoor and outdoor settings in the disciplines of target, field or 3-D archery. The Level 1 Instructor will learn about range safety, range setup, the steps of shooting, equipment and repair, programs and lesson plans.
The Level 1 Instructor will learn about range safety, range setup, the steps of shooting, equipment and repair, programs and lesson plans.
The Level 2 Archery Instructor Certification Course includes the Level 1 Archery Instructor Certification Course and provides students with an introduction to the National Training System (NTS) Steps of Shooting for recurve and compound, equipment and accessory setup, athlete developement and events as well as qualifies students to teach the Level 1 Archery Instructor Certification Course. Graduates of the Level 2 Archery Instructor Certification Course are well prepared to serve as the lead instructor for long-term archery programs such as Junior Olympic Archery Development (JOAD), Adult Archery Program and Collegiate Archery Program clubs, as well as the Explore Archery Program.
Course Length: 12-16 hours (Dependent on class size)
- Membership to USA Archery ($60)*, National Field Archery Association (NFAA) or Archery Shooters Association (ASA)
- SafeSport Training
*A Temporary, Recreational, and/or Youth Membership option will not satisfy the membership requirement.
**USA Archery membership required; NFAA and/or ASA membership will not satisfy the membership requirement.
- Membership to USA Archery*, National Field Archery Association (NFAA) or Archery Shooters Association (ASA)
- USA Archery Background Screening
- SafeSport Training
- Qualified to teach the Level 1 Instructor Certification Course
- Eligible to apply for Level 2 Instructor Trainer Certification
- Qualified to be the lead Instructor for an Explore Archery Program, JOAD Program, Adult Archery Program and/or Collegiate Archery Program Club**
- Eligible to receive USA Archery insurance coverage. See USA Archery Insurance page for requirements**.